ZappTek developed the Mac OS X and Windows TTS applications for the Honda/Acura Music Link iPod adaptor. We were not
involved in the development of any other component of the system such as the hardware or the firmware inside the Music Link adaptor. The entire Music Link system and operation was developed to Honda/Acura’s specifications so if you have comments about the operation flow, instructions, or any other issues please send your feedback to Honda/Acura.
If you are experiencing any problems with the Music Link, please contact:
Honda Customer Service: 1-800-999-1009 or visit musiclink.honda.com
Acura Client Services: 1-800-382-2238 or visit musiclink.acura.com
For your convenience certain issues are noted below but please visit the Honda
FAQ page if you require more definitive answers.
- Upgrade to the latest version of iTunes.
- Upgrade to the latest version of iPod Software.
- Upgrade to the latest version of Honda TTS or Acura TTS
- Use the following iTunes/iPod preference settings:
- On your iPod, turn off the Compilations setting.
- Do not include "TTS" in track comment fields; this is used by Honda/Acura TTS to identify the tracks it generates.
- When connecting your iPod in your car, be sure the iPod is well plugged into the cable. You should see a big check mark on the iPod although it is not a guarantee of a perfect connection. Sometimes it is possible for the dock connector to plug slightly crooked and the system will not respond properly.
Why can’t I see the song names on my radio!?
Even if you can see text from navigation or XM radio, the radios are not (generally) programmed to accept song text from external CD changers (which is how your iPod connects to your radio). Note that this has nothing to do with the TTS software developed by ZappTek.
The included voices are hard to listen to when driving.
The voices used by Honda/Acura TTS are the default system voices provided by Apple and Microsoft. We recommend that you consider purchasing a higher quality voice from Cepstral — we even have a page where you can experiment with their voices.
Why do I hear TTS introductions when shuffling my iPod's music?
Please upgrade to version 1.3 of Honda/Acura TTS to ensure that the TTS introductions aren't included when listening to your iPod.
You have a video iPod that contains videos.
Please upgrade to version 1.3 of Honda/Acura TTS.
There are no TTS tracks on your iPod — when navigating through your iPod (in your car) you don’t get any TTS introductions.
Your iPod must have enough space to store the TTS tracks. If it is full then iTunes will not copy the generated tracks on to your iPod. To fix this you will need to remove enough songs to make room for the TTS tracks.
Note that iTunes should display a message indicating that it cannot completely update the iPod. Also remember to include the ZZZTTS playlists if you are auto updating a set of playlists (instead of the entire iTunes library).
Navigating through Artists isn’t working properly.
Check to see if you have Compilations support turned on on your iPod. We cannot detect this setting and can’t compensate for it being active so please turn this preference off.